***PAGE 2 IS PURELY FOR 2.1 CONTENT, and will probably contain OUTDATED info, only use this if you’re new and gearing up for Turn 6 onwards***
This guide is what we at FFXIVguild.com have determined to be the ideal gear for a Paladin given the possible stat combinations. This however, does NOT necessarily mean it is the “Best in Slot”.
The ideal column is an entire set but the alternative columns are in a per slot basis only and are not to be considered as an entire set.
What stats are important to a Paladin?
- Accuracy – The first thing you need to max out. Since you will be hitting bosses from the front, you need an accuracy of about 482 for Bahamut’s Coil turn 5.
- Parry – The more Parry you have, the more chances you have of reducing the damage of an attack.
Why did you choose this gear combination?
The main reason is that we wanted to get the maximum amount of Parry possible while still still being within the accuracy cap. This gear combination is at 485 accuracy without food.
We chose the Onion Shield because of its increased Block Rate. It may block a lesser amount of damage, about 20% compared to 25%, but the increased chance is perfect for tanking. Please note that you cannot block and parry at the same time.
What do I spend Tomes of Mythology on as a Paladin?
You will want to purchase things based on how deep it is in coil and also what gives you the biggest upgrade in that certain slot.
- Hands & Wrist – These drop in Turn 4 so this is a good first purchase.
- Chest – if you’re unlucky enough not to pick up the Heavy Allagan Armor, but you’re going to need one regardless.
- Helm – Allagan Helm drops in Turn 5.
- Pants & Boots – These drop in Turn 2 and Turn 1 respectively.
- Accessories – get which ones you don’t pick up from Coil.
You may have to pick up some of the alternative pieces while waiting for the ideal ones in coil.
What secondary stats should Paladins get?
After much discussion, we have come to one conclusion about tanks, any secondary stat is a bonus. As a Paladin it can even be considered negligible which secondary stat you choose as long as you are within the accuracy cap.
This page will of course be updated as the game progresses and patches, and more gear will be introduced into the game. For updates, Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter – also check us out on YouTube and Twitch.