403 Issues SHOULD BE SOLVED: After a very convoluted hunt to discover why and how this was happening - I took a rather extreme approach to squash the problem. There should be no more of this issue going forward.
Heat the forges and start Blacksmithing! This Blacksmith Leveling Guide will hopefully make your journey to 80 quick and easy!
Steeling yourself in Shadowbringers?
[BLACKSMITH LEVEL 70 TO 80]! Nao!
Before you begin…
Where is the Blacksmith Guild? How to become a Blacksmith? You can become a Blacksmith by visiting the Blacksmith’s Guild in Limsa. If you have at least L10 in any combat class – you can begin smithin’ it up!
Updating your Blacksmithing Gear is quite important if you’re going to be crafting your own leve items. We have a Crafting Gear Guide to help you out on that.
Blacksmith Class Quest Item Reference:
BSM 01: Bronze Ingot
BSM 05: 3x Bronze Cross-pein Hammer
BSM 10: 12x Bronze Rivets
BSM 15: Bronze Spatha, Spiked Bronze Labrys
BSM 20: Iron Cross-Pein Hammer (Materia Enhanced)
BSM 25: (HQ) Steel Ingot
BSM 30: (HQ) Plumed Iron Hatchet
BSM 35: (HQ) Steel Bhuj
BSM 40: (HQ) Wrapped Crowsbeak Hammer
BSM 45: (All HQ) Cobalt Knuckles, Buccaneer Bardiche, Cobalt Shamshir
BSM 50: (HQ) Cobalt Winglet (Melded with: Savage Might Materia III)
Just use the above as a quick reference if completing multiple Blacksmith class quests at once.
Levequest Items Discussion?
Every tier has 3 kinds of Leves:
- Single Submit Leves: Levemete & submission are just a short walk from each other.
- [C]ourier Leves: Levemete is from the [H]ometown, to be submitted to the [L]ocal Levemete.
- [R]epeatable Leves.
- Single and Repeatable Leves (1 each) are from the [H]ometown, and [L]ocal levemete.
- [C]ourier leves will always give the Highest EXP per craft, but require alot of time, and travel costs.
- Repeatable leves will always give the Highest EXP per Leve. If you value your leves alot or don’t have many left, these are good. But, they are thrice as expensive. We will recommend the best  and  levequest(s) for every tier. Note that this depends on server prices and might not apply to you. We will comment on every tiers [C] levequest but will likely never recommend it. Use [C] levequests at your own discretion!
- Also, a Precursor item means it requires a fully crafted item AS A MATERIAL, which is bad.
Blacksmith Level 1-15: The early levels
These levels are EASY since all materials you need can be bought from the guild NPC. There’s no excuse not to craft ’em!
BSM Early Levequests
We DO NOT advise using “non-courier” Leves for these low levels. Below you will find a list of items for courier leves, which originate from Limsa Upper Decks.
Doing the Courier / Reverse Courier route is the way:
Level 1: Bronze Rivets x5 / Bronze Dagger [ Red Rooster Stead ] Level 5: Bronze Head Knife / Bronze Pickaxe [ Red Rooster Stead ] Level 10: Bronze Knuckles / Spiked Bronze Labrys [ Swiftperch ]
All of the above courier levequests start at Limsa Lominsa!
If you do end up doing non-courier:
BSM 1 Leve Recommendation: [H] – Bronze Saw [ Red Rooster Sea ] BSM 5 Leve Recommendation: [H] – Bronze Bastard Sword [ Limsa ] BSM 10 Leve Recommendation: [H] – Bronze Spatha [ Limsa ]
Grand Company Submissions:
Pressing CTRL+U and clicking on “Next Mission Allowance” shows you a list of items your grand company requires. Submitting them in your GC’s homebase will yield roughly 1 levequests worth of EXP. This is great as it doesn’t eat up your levequest allowances.
A “star” on an item means they need it really badly! Meaning you get DOUBLE the EXP rewards. Generally speaking GC submissions should be done as long as you have materials for it.
You don’t need to craft the items yourself – you can simply submit items you buy from the Marketboard or obtain by any other means.
Join our IRL Cross-World Linkshells (socials lol):
- Instagram (@ffxivguild) - We just rezzed our Insta, check in for more coming soon!
- Twitter (@FFXIVguild) - Finally un-boomering myself because our Twitter is back.
- Facebook (/FFXIVguild) - Like us on our OG social.
Contact us about anything and everything. Don't be shy! Love our guides and want to let us know? Got questions or corrections? Suggestions for improvement? TALK TO US! How, you say?
Comment below if it's about this guide. Message us on any of our socials above about anything. We're organizing our email situation if you're into that.