***PAGE 2 IS PURELY FOR 2.1 CONTENT, and will probably contain OUTDATED info, only use this if you’re new and gearing up for Turn 6 onwards***
This guide is what we at FFXIVguild.com have determined to be the ideal gear for a Monk given the possible stat combinations. This however, does NOT necessarily mean it is the “Best in Slot”.
The ideal column is an entire set but the alternative columns are in a per slot basis only and are not to be considered as an entire set.
What stats are important to a Monk?
- Accuracy – The first thing you need to max out. As a melee DPS, you need an accuracy of about 473 for Bahamut’s Coil turn 5. There may be some instances where you will hit mobs from the front
- Skill Speed – You need to reach a Skill Speed of 400+. This is to make it easier to retain GS stacks, and fit an extra hit with PB. Anything after 400 is best spent elsewhere *or any treshold you’re comfy with.
Why did you choose this gear combination?
As with all of our guides, priority number one is reaching your accuracy cap. With this gear combination, is 469 without food.
Even with the high accuracy cap needed, we got the needed Skill Speed with good secondary stats.
What do I spend Tomes of Mythology on as a Monk?
You will want to purchase things based on how deep it is in coil and also what gives you the biggest upgrade in that certain slot.
- Chest – Drops in turn 5 and you want to get the myth one.
- Belt & Neck – Drops in turn 4.
- Head – The Allagan ones drop in around turn 4 and turn 5. You might want to get the myth versions in the mean time.
- Accessories – These drop fairly early in turns 1 and 2. If you’re getting the maiming Allagan drops, get myth pieces in the mean time as these drop in turn 4 and 5.
You may have to pick up some of the alternative pieces while waiting for the ideal ones in coil.
What secondary stats should Monk get?
After reaching your needed accuracy and 400 skill speed, Determination and Critical Hit Rate have pretty much the same priority. If you really had to choose one, get more Determination because this is a flat linear increase in damage.
This page will of course be updated as the game progresses and patches, and more gear will be introduced into the game.