“If they do not know, teach them.” – Mahiko ‘Mister PUG’ San.
I don’t know what else to say about this page. Since I don’t feel storyline dungeons and trials need a full guide page each, here’s a compilation of all storyline dungeons and trials, with any notes to beat them. ***Forgive me if I use humor***, it’s to keep me sane during this hectic time.
This guide DOES NOT INCLUDE 60+ dungeons and EX primals (Stops at Aetherochemical RF)
Heavensward: Dungeons & Trials
Dusk Vigil | Sohm Al | The Aery | The Vault | The Great Gubal Library
Ravana, Thok ast Thok (Hard) | Bismarck, Limitless Blue (Hard)
Dusk Vigil boss strategy
Dusk Vigil itself has no notable trash mob or map mechanics.
Dusk Vigil boss 1: Elephant
- Isolate targeted guy. If its you, GTFO from your team. If its your friend, abandon him.
- He will get wombo combo. It’s fine.
Dusk Vigil boss 2: Ghost
- He has many ghostly friends.
- More friends from the beyond.
- Kill them all, again. Twice.
Dusk Vigil boss 3: Bird
- He’s casting tornado? Hide behind rocks. You don’t stay in the open in an IRL tornado, do you?
Sohm Al boss strategy
Sohm Al boss 1: Plant
- Memories of T6… Avoid AoE after eat.
- Hornet spawn. I assume it’s good to kill. We burned lel.
Sohm Al boss 2: Dino
- Lookin at you? GTFO.
- Lots of single spike damage. Keep party healthy.
Sohm Al boss 3: Dragon
- Marker on top of you? It’s a meteor.
- Land these on the OUTERMOST EDGE POSSIBLE.
- Once the marker fades -> move back towards center.
Ravana (Hard) Thok ast Thok strategy
- Butterfly kill. Fast.
- Avoid knockback by having an intact wall behind you.
- That’s 99% of the fight right there.
The Aery Boss Strategy
The Aery boss 1: Skinny Dragon
- Tether to poles lel.
- AoE 1: Safe spot is ring inside.
- AoE 2: Melee proximity knockback.
- AoE 3: targetted bolts.
The Aery boss 2: Medium Dragon
- Poison clouds spawn.
- Mustard Gas eats Clouds.
- I cant tell you exactly what happens here. I assume killing adds is good. We burned.
The Aery boss 3: Fat Dragon
- Lookin at you? Move a bit. Leaves fireball.
- Fireball rush soon after.
- Free imprisoned friends (Don’t tunnel lel)
- Keep DRG alive (The NPC, not your bad teammate).
- Kill add before massacre, stand in shield.
The Vault Boss Strategy
All bosses have random AoE damage and a single spike damage skill. Just keep yer damn party healthy.
The Vault boss 1: Sword Guy
- Lots of fancy abilities.
- Balls explode. lel.
The Vault boss 2: Axe guy
- Colorful AoE. Do not stand
- Knockback? Make sure youre NOT behind a ball.
The Vault boss 2: Robot Griest
- Avoid marching robot (there’s spaces in between)
- Sickness shall be purged, AoE heals.
- Kill fireballs asap, they dont have aggro.
- Avoid firelike “plumes”.
- Break tethers by spreading apart from friend.
Bismarck (Hard) Limitless Blue strategy
- Do not fall. (Tornado lel)
- Shield in center irrelevant if your DPS has a few braincells.
- Use harpoons -> MUST BE STANDING ON WHALE to DPS #WhalerightsPETA
- Party takes damage while on whale, AoE heals.
- Separate adds from each other.
The Great Gubal Library Boss Strategy
Library boss 1: Demon Wall II
- Avoid the lane AoE.. gives slow n heavy. Demon Wall AK memory.
- He closes! GO TO THE OTHER SIDE DAMNIT.
- Ice floor? one press of movement makes you slide.
- Remove little girl subligar.
- Wear big girl subligar.
- Deal with it.
Library boss 2: Bull
- Fat line AoE? MOVE TOWARD HIM, FOOL!
- Kill books.
- Bring tether to boss.
Library boss 3: Refrigerator
- Step on pink ‘summoning point’ to prevent adds.
- ALL minipoints must be stood on to prevent adds in that circle.
- comes in minipoints of 1’s, 2’s then 3’s.
Sorry for the light bordering stupid tone used in this guide. Since story dungeons are pretty damn intuitive, these will make your life a little bit easier.
1 thought on “Heavensward Dungeons & Trials (Story) Quick Guides”
I found that against the Dusk Vigil Elephant that the tank could soak the damage up at the end of the combo. The last part when he’s going to charge forward at the enemy right after he flips them.
Ravana seems to be easier if you tank switch when the second half starts. He acts a lot calmer.