***PAGE 2 IS PURELY FOR 2.1 CONTENT, and will probably contain OUTDATED info, only use this if you’re new and gearing up for Turn 6 onwards***
This guide is what we at FFXIVguild.com have determined to be the ideal gear for a Dragoon given the possible stat combinations. This however, does NOT necessarily mean it is the “Best in Slot”.
The ideal column is an entire set but the alternative columns are in a per slot basis only and are not to be considered as an entire set.
What stats are important to a Dragoon?
- Accuracy – The first thing you need to max out. As a melee DPS, you need an accuracy of about 473 for Bahamut’s Coil turn 5. There may be some instances where you will hit mobs from the front
- Critical Hit Rate – Dragoon has alot of skills that hit hard and they have the strongest single attack in the game, Full Thrust at 330 potency. Having your skills crit is a huge boost to your damage output.
Why did you choose this gear combination?
As with all of our guides, priority number one is reaching your accuracy cap. With this gear combination, is 468 without food.
With such a high accuracy cap needed, getting the stats we wanted was quite tricky. In the end it gave us balanced stats across the board.
What do I spend Tomes of Mythology on as a Dragoon?
You will want to purchase things based on how deep it is in coil and also what gives you the biggest upgrade in that certain slot.
- Helm – Drops in turn 4
- Boots – This drops in turn 5. You might want to get Wyrm’s Greaves to tide you over until you get the drop from turn 5.
- Accessories – The Allagan ones drop in around turn 4 and turn 5. You might want to get the myth versions in the mean time.
- Chest – Allagan Cuirass of Maiming drops in turn 1. Pick this up only if your other slots are filled.
You may have to pick up some of the alternative pieces while waiting for the ideal ones in coil.
What secondary stats should Dragoon get?
With the high accuracy cap needed, getting your wanted secondary stats is quite hard. With our ideal list, we were able to have fairly good stats across the board, ~490 crit, ~400 skill speed, ~300 determination.
If you really had to choose one, we recommend prioritizing Critical Hit Rate.
This page will of course be updated as the game progresses and patches, and more gear will be introduced into the game.