**2.2 GEAR POSSIBLE UNUPDATED INFO**
So you’re Dragoon-ing it up and wanna poke stuff? Let our Dragoon BiS gear guide help you stick things RIGHT!
- I used a reverse gearing process. I chose the path of LOWEST SKILL SPEED (+71 lowest possible with this gear set), then tried to get as much CRIT and DET as possible.
- Dragoon can possibly mix and match a bunch of pieces to get BiS worthy gear.
- around 496-498 is the acc cap. More if you prefer to hit from the front (As you will sometimes in T9, accidentally)
Column 1 is a complete set. Column 2 contains notable filler gear THAT IS NOT BOUGHT WITH SOLDIERY. Obviously, any High Allagan gear would make a good replacement for Soldiery Gear, and vice versa. The goal of column 2 is to give you as many similar stat filler options without spending much / any Sol.
|DRG||BEST||Notable Fillers||Cheap Accuracy/Fillers|
|Weapon||High Allagan Spear||Liberator||Any GAE BOLG|
(Gives a good Accuracy Boost)
|Head||High Allagan Headgear of Maiming||Wolfram Mask||Wyrms Armet|
|Body||Astrum Mail||Wolfram Cuirass||<-|
|Hand||Astrum Armguards||Wolfram Gauntlets||Allagan Gauntlets of Maiming|
|Waist||High Allagan Belt of Maiming||Wolfram Tassets ==||== Heros|
|Legs||Astrum Hose||Saurian Trousers||Allagan Trousers of Maiming|
|Boots||Astrum Sabatons||Allagan Sollerets of Maiming||Wyrms Greaves|
|Neck||High Allagan Choker of Slaying||Ribbon of Slaying||Allagan Choker of Maiming|
|Ears||Gloam Earrings||Any Except i90 Hero/Striking||Allagan Earrings of Maiming|
|Wrist||High Allagan Bracelets of Slaying||Allagan Wristlets of Maiming||Inferno / |
|Ring||Gloam Ring||Vortex||Allagan Ring of Striking|
|Ring||High Allagan Ring of Slaying||Allagan Ring of Maiming||-|
|Food||Apkallu Omelette||-||Lava Toad Legs / |
Any non-relic weapon (Allagan, High Allagan, Liberator) may be used for Set 1. None of these weapons have accuracy and wont throw the build “off-balance”.
Bad luck with drops? Need filler gear? Check out the 2nd/3rd table above, and the DRG Gear Notes.
If you’ve asked yourself “What do DRG’s purchase first with my tomes of Sol?”, read on!
- Liberator *only if you’re neat UAT.
- Astrum Mail gets rid of accuracy problems, and is BiS. (HA is turn 9!)
- Astrum Hose is BiS and HA is Turn 8.
- Astrum Sabatons is BiS and HA is Turn 7
- Astrum Armguards is BiS and HA is Turn 6
- Gloam Earrings is BiS and HA is Turn 6
- Gloam Ring, well one of the two possible rings.
After the above the rest is OPTIONAL.
- Astrum Helm aint that bad, and HA is Turn 8.
- Astrum Belt – HA is Turn 9!
- Gloam Wristlets – Gives some Acc…
- Gloam Choker – Well…
Owning the entire Dragoon Soldiery Set isn’t that bad.
Bad luck with Coil drops? (Any Astrum Gear is naturally an OK sub, but a waste of Sol..)
- Head? Woflram or i90 Allagan!
- Belt? Wolfram or Heroes!
- Neck? i90 Allagan is a great replacement!
- Wrist? i90 Maiming is great!
- Ring? Anything BUT the heroes!
Theres no lack of good gear substitutes. Just remember, the less SS the better (But don’t stress too much)
2.2 DRG Crafted Gear Viability
While SS in not really that wanted, it’s not a junk stat for Dragoons. That being said, most of the Wolfram Gear is extremely viable, but here are the more notable ones…
Wolfram Cuirass is a GREAT substitute for a Weathered Astrum Mail. I highly suggest getting one of these and will be a keeper till you can get Sands+Astrum Mail (Or until you’re done with buying everything else)
Cost Effective Melds: Crit IV, CRIT IV, CRIT III, DET III, DET II.
Saurian Trousers are pretty damn good, too.
Cost Effective Melds: ACC IV, DET IV, DET III, DET III, DET III.
Wolfram Mask is legit, too…
Cost Effective Melds: ACC IV, Crit III, ACC III, ACC III, (+Any Det)
Wolfram Sabatons are decent if you’re eager to gear up… (And cheap)
Cost Effective Melds: ACC IV, ACC III, ACC III, DET III
Saving Sol for Belt? Wolfram Tassets is a good choice if you wanna meld a bit.
Cost Effective Melds: ACC IV, CRIT III, CRIT III, ACC II, DET II
Wolfram Gauntlets (might as well complete the set…)
Cost Effective Melds: ACC IV, DET IV, ACC III, ACC III, DET ANY
As Always – you can shift around the melds here quite a bit if you need accuracy or not, or are willing to spend more.
Good luck gearing your Dragoon! This page be updated as more gear will be introduced into the game. Want to add something? Violent Reactions? Comment Below!