Click on our
Caster DPS Role Actions Guide
for the updated version!
What are the Arcanist -> Summoner Cross Class Skills? Here, we will be strictly discussing the cross-class skills Summoner can get from the other base classes.
How many cross-class skills can I get as a Summoner? Any job class may only equip five (5) cross-class skills.
From what other classes does Summoner get skills from? Archer and Thaumaturge.
What are the best Summoner cross-class skills? This is discussed below.
Full list of Summoner (SMN) Cross-class skills
|Raging Strikes||4||A large damage boost||Archer (ARC)|
|Surecast||8||Your next spell cannot be interrupted by damage.||Thaumaturge (THM)|
|Ice II||12||Weak AoE bind.||Thaumaturge (THM)|
|Hawk's Eye||26||+DEX and +Acc||Archer (ARC)|
|Swiftcast||27||Causes your next spell to have no cast time.||Thaumaturge (THM)|
|Quelling Strikes||34||Reduces Enmity Generated||Archer (ARC)|
Summoner (SMN) Cross-class skills discussion
Raging Strikes: A low level skill, but a damn good one. Learn to maximize this in raids!
Surecast: You’re only equipping this since you can’t really use anything else. While borderline useless – it has the rare application.
Ice II: A weak potency AoE attack, with a bind effect. Only useful for around 3+ enemies. Better than spamming RUIN!
Swiftcast: THE BEST CROSS-CLASS SKILL of all time. For summoner, using this with Resurrection is a great addition to any raidgroup.
Quelling Strikes: Make it a habit to use this on pull and on newly spawned adds in raids. Your tanks will thank you.
Hawk’s Eye: Absolutely useless to you. +DEX and +Accuracy (physical) have zero practical use for you.
Ideal Summoner (SMN) Cross-class progression
- Archer to 4 for: Raging Strikes.
- Thaumaturge to 15 for: Unlocking SMN. (Unlocks Blizzard II along the way)
- Arcanist to 30 for: SMN Requirement.
- Summoner to 50 for: Maximum level.
- Thaumaturge to 27 for: Swiftcast
- Archer to 34 for: Quelling Strikes (All Cross-class skills obtained)
You got Hawk’s Eye along the way: USELESS FOR YOU.
- Summoners use skills from: Archer and Thaumaturge.
- Add Swiftcast to your repertoire! Using this for Shadowflare is probably your default.
- Raging Strikes – learn to time this well in raids! Combine it with Contagion for PROFIT!
- Quelling Strikes, while not super important for SMN… use it at the start of fights! Also on adds that spawn!
1 thought on “FFXIV Summoner (SMN) Cross Class skills guide”
Swiftcast is 26 THM, not 27. Seems to be a common mistake on this site.