Hey guys! Here’s a quick little guide describing what you need to do in Alexander Normal. Each section will describe one boss, instead of one per page. Their difficulty isn’t that high, and having it all in one place is less of a hassle likely.
The first trash pile Faust – just burn it and have your OT pick up the adds and run around.
The Oppressor (Alexander Turn 1): Fist of the Father
- ALARUM periodically spawn. Killing them leaves a field on the ground which minifies you if stepped on.
- LASERS FROM THE SKY signify a huge missle coming.
- Kill and leave the field on the laser target: minifying the missle (lol)
- Avoiding the fly-up AoE: run furthest from its blast radius (remember ultima hm?)
Oppressor 0.5 and original must die within 30(?)s of each other, else wipe.
‘Robot Gauntlet’ (Alexander Turn 2): Cuff of the Father
I honestly have no idea of the specifics in this fight. It’s easily doable in 1 pull, although making it faster is the point of doing this fight properly.
- At least 1 guy should ride a robot. This robot rider has a few responsibilities.
- Pull bombs away from raid using your pulling skill. Otherwise, raid simply moves away.
- Riders can apply a VULN UP to mobs, which is mega value. Maxes out at 5 stacks on a mob.
(1) Man… I don’t know what exactly this does. Doesn’t seem too good.
(2) An AoE stun that’s pretty good at mitigating damage.
(3) Applies Vuln Up on target. Mega value
(4) Pull. Please, only use this on bombs *wink*
Alot of different setups work, the safest being 1 DPS riding. When his energy level goes low – use the other machine.
Adds? Kill the special looking guys before the chumps, or even spider-tanks. Boomtypes and Jagds kick ass.
Living Liquid (Alexander Turn Turn 3): Arm of the Father
This guy has 3 forms which he cycles through for most of the fight.
- Nothing I remember specifically – just some fancy AoE’s.
- During the “one chunky hand” both tanks should stay in front to share the cleave (Kaliya).
- Once they split, just burn them. Use some defensive as they stack a resist down debuff over time.
- Wash Away is a pushback – just get close to the center, or furthers from an edge.
- Kill adds… nothing too notable.
TETHERS? We didn’t really try many things to cancel it. You get stunned, but otherwise inconsequential if done incorrectly. Feel free to comment. They were easy enough to ignore.
At a low health percentage – the final phase begins. It’s signaled by Cascade, a basic AoE damage skill. Nothing noticeably new here. I’ll check it out again tomorrow.
The Manipulator (Alexander Turn 4): Burden of the Father
Choose and kill one leg to kill first. There’s no value in spreading damage as they heal per phase. DPS the manipulator when it comes out.
- Blue sign above head signifies where the balls will float towards.
- 2 sets of 3 balls spawn from the outside travelling towards the point. Does semi-heavy damage, heal through it or cycle party.
Getting sucked in
- a simple mini-dps check. Kill the add and you escape. Nothin’ else to it.
- Boss casts a red and blue hammer debuff. These two afflicted people cannot touch, else they die.
- It can spread to new members who were previously unaffected.
- Obviously, stay away from them at this time.
- Avoid having one guy eat more than 1. Simply block the line. Best suggestion here is
Again, sorry if I couldn’t write a novel about these ‘turns’. They’re quite intuitive, and fun. Don’t expect something too difficult but this little write up will help you out in the days to come.