When choosing your character’s Race and God in FFXIV A Realm Reborn, it’s kind of annoying since we aren’t given a table view of what the differences are for each pick.
Well, not anymore.
If you have found this older guide, I highly suggest you check out our updated permanent ones
FFXIV RACIAL STATS | FFXIV GOD CHOICES
FFXIV A Realm Reborn: Race / Stats Chart
|Mi'Qote||Seekers of the Sun||21||22||20||18||19||20|
|Mi'Qote||Keepers of the Moon||18||21||17||19||23||22|
See also: FFXIV A Realm Reborn Stats & Attributes Guide.
- The total stats of each race and subrace is equal at 120.
- Character customization can pretty erase all cosmetic distinction between subraces. Choose whatever you want!
- All races have a subrace which is more suited towards “Physical” classes, and a subrace more suted towards “Magical” classes.
- Ultimately, as long as you chose appropriately and build properly, the small differences in starting stats accounts for much less than a 0.5% difference end-game.
So what are the decent choices?
Pugilists, Gladiators, Lancers, Marauders (Monk Paladin Dragoon Warrrior) : Sea Wolves, Highlanders, Wildwoods, Seekers, and Plainsfolk.
Conjurers, Thaumaturges and Arcanists (White Mage, Black Mage, Scholar, Summoner) : Hellsguard, Midlander, Duskwight, Keepers, Dunefolk.
Archers (Bard) : Wildwoods, Seekers, Keepers, and Plainsfolk.
Again, Each race has a subrace more suited to physical jobs, and a race more suitable to magic jobs. The recommendations above only serve as a general guideline. Since you can make one subrace almost look exactly like the other subrace, you might as well get the better stats.
*update* For more advanced recommendations: FFXIV A Realm Reborn Racial Stats Guide. (Opens in new tab)
FFXIV A Realm Reborn: God Elemental Attributes / Resists Chart
The other choice given to us (without a table comparison) is god choice. Your choice of god will give you small bonus Elemental Attributes.
See also: FFXIV A Realm Reborn Stats & Attributes Guide. (Opens in new tab)
- The total Elemental Attributes of each god is equal at 313.
- Gods are “paired”, and don’t seem to have any distinction between their counterpart. (Example: Halone, Menphina)
- Each god pair has one high stat of 54, one secondary stat of 53, three tertiary stats of 52 and one neutral stat of 50.
- Even if we assume 1 point equals 1% damage, the difference between picking for a 54 versus a 50 is only 0.3%.
So what are decent choices?
For now, and I think this won’t change, God choice doesn’t account for much. If it ever does, I’m sure there will be a way to change what god you worship. (Same with race)
FFXIV A Realm Reborn Race / God Summary:
All in all it seems right now that the choices for race and god are pretty much for flavor. However, there are some of us who want to squeeze every bit of juice out of our characters. Unfortunately, we do not have the kind of information right now to make a proper analysis on that.
Is this a good thing? Yes, I think it is. It doesn’t force people to be a certain race when playing a certain class, and allows people to pick whatever kind of look they like. It prevents people getting called names just because they didn’t “pick” properly.
**For Archiving purposes, we will be splitting this guide into two which will be found here(Racial Stat Info) and here(God Stat Info). We are more likely to update those two separate links. Also, updates on our knowledge of the stats here (General Stat Info).
Either way, we will be working on better informed Race/Class/Job/God combinations, information on each Stat, and more on Elemental Attributes. Subscribe so you won’t miss out! How? Just follow or like us on Facebook / Twitter! Thanks! and see you on Eorzea!