Once used by seedseers as a place for spiritual reflection and meditation, Haukke Manor was long frowned upon by the people of Gridania as a symbol of excess. After years of protest, the building was finally sold to a wealthy duskwight by the name of Lady Amandine.
While little is known of the Lady, it was said that she was exceptionally vain, and that to maintain her impeccable beauty, she would spare no expense. From facial creams concocted from rare Coerthas honeys to shampoos derived from the milk of exotic phurbles, her daily ritual of beauty treatments escalated until it was rumored she was bathing in the blood of her virgin maidservants. No amount of man-made tinctures, however, could hide the hideous scars she eventually suffered during the Clamity, and from that day forth she was forced to turn to a darker solution, signing away her very soul in a final effort to “save face.”
Haukke Manor Objective
Haukke Manor is a 3 story building. You start on the first level, moving to the cellarage and finally to the 2nd level where you fight the final boss Lady Amandine. Make sure you visit all rooms to get keys so you can unlock the doors to all the treasure coffers. Roaming monsters called Manor Maidservants traverse the halls of the manor and add a flavor to the battle if kept unnoticed, make sure you pull them away from your fight. In this dungeon, your TANK’s skills will show their worth.
Haukke Manor Requirements
- Party Size: Four
- Either a disciple of war or magic
- Level: 29 (Sync from 31)
- Time Limit: 90mins
- Must have the level 28 story quest, Skeletons in Her Closet
How to get to Haukke Manor?
Where is Haukke Manor? It’s located in the Central Shroud near the White Wolf Gate of Gridania or Bentbranch Meadows
Haukke Manor Map/General Strategy/Tips
click image to enlarge Patrol Monsters: Throughout the halls of Haukke Manor you will notice patrol monsters that, if given the chance, will join in your fight if you take them for granted. The best strategy is to pull these monsters away from the pack before encountering other monsters. Manor Maidservants: these monsters are annoying to say the least, because they join in fights and they cast PBAoE spells that deal significant damage. The key is to either lure these Maidservants to encounter them first before taking care of the other monsters.
Haukke Manor Boss Strategy
The Manor Claviger has a few tricks up her sleeve but nothing to worry too much about, all the party needs to do is make sure the TANK keeps enmity while party members face her back to avoid the cleave attack, make sure everyone coordinates their stuns for her Dark Mist skill.
- Cleave (cone based Cleave attack): the Manor Claviger has an ability which she uses at will, it is targeted to whoever has her enmity. It’s best to keep the party facing her back while the TANK stays up in front to minimize damage of the team. Her sword then turns
- Dark Mist (PBAoE): This ability is disruptable by stunning the Claviger, if left to cast, it will deal significant AoE damage, if you cannot stun the Claviger while she is casting this, or are unsure if one of your party members can, move away from the cast circle.
- Void Fire II (Targetted AoE): We noticed the Claviger casts her Void Fire to party members who are fighting her from a distance, she will cast
Manor Jester and Manor Steward
This can be a difficult fight if the party keeps changing targets… We usually attend to the Manor Jester first, while ensuring the TANK keeps enmity of both the Jester and the Steward. The Manor Steward casts a Soul Drain (PBAoE), but nothing that a coordinated disruption by stunning him cant handle. The TANK is the star of the fight in this battle.
- Manor Jester: Ranged attacker with Ice based abilities
- Manor Steward: Melee attacker
- Soul Drain (PBAoE): Much like the Dark Mist of the Claviger, the Steward casts Soul Drain at random intervals but easily avoided with a coordinated stun. Again, if you are not sure that your party can stun the Steward, get out of that casting circle!
The overall strategy to defeat Lady Amandine is to ensure that each player executes their role the way they should. TANK and HEALER keeps emnity of Lady Amandine and any ADDS, while the DPS extinguishes lamps and defeats ADDS. All party members should be alert for casting circles and stay away from them. The most important skill to stun is the Dark Mist. All other details of the fight are below:
- Void Lamps: Lady Amandine lights up lamps located at the four corners of her chamber, if you leave them unnoticed they will deal AoE damage (Void Fire) every 10 seconds or so. It’s important to interact and disable the Lamps before the AoE damage overwhelms your HEALER. The TANK should keep the emnity of Lady Amandine.
- Dark Mist (PBAoE): Just like the Manor Maidservant, the Lady has an AoE that can be disrupted by stunning her, if you let her cast this at the wrong time this it is an easy wipe. Stay away from the casting circle if you cannot stun or you feel no one in your party will be able to!
- Void Fire II (Targetted AoE): Much like the Manor Claviger, Lady Amandine casts Void Fire AoE, the fight will be a lot easier if the party stays away from its casting circle
- Lady’s Candle (Bombs): At random times in the encounter Lady Amandine will summon bombs, be careful of these bombs, when they explode and you are within the explosion radius, they can kill you and your party members, make sure to stay clear from their exploding raduis!
- Last Hurrah! (AD wave): The lady is a tough one, and when she reaches about 25% of life she will summon ADS that need to be disposed of or else the healer will not be able to cope up. There are two ways to handle this, fastest way is to save up your limit break for the THM, if your party has one and have them use it at this stage, the other way is to have your DPS make short work of each ADD while the tank keeps emnity on both the Lady and the rest of the ADS. Oh and BTW, these ADS seem to be immune to sleep!